Gain a personal perspective of rehabilitation from a severe and life-altering injury.
I reach health-care professionals from all types of nursing to a wide range of therapies. The presentation is designed to show the importance of forming bonds and using motivational techniques to improve the patient’s recovery. I will also explain why patients can have different attitudes while facing similar siuations, helping the professional to aid in the emotional recovery of their patient. I recount my discovery of the “Healing Cycle,” showing why clients have good and bad days, what they actually mean, and how to direct a client’s recovery to a positive outcome.
Goals and Benefits
- To encourage health-care professionals
- To show how to deliver techniques that can improve or shorten a patient’s hospital stay
- To show how to motivate hope for patients with even the worst illnesses or injuries
- To offer insight into patients’ emotions and attitudes during their recoveries
- To renew health-care professionals’ passion for their work